As far as I know I don't know any of you but I sure do appreciate the discussion and advice. I've only been a Scouter for 1 year and a Scoutmaster for 7 months. There's so much to learn and you all have helped me a great deal. It would be nice to meet you in person at an event somewhere...

LeCastor

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know EagleDad. We met here, found out we were in the same council and met back around 2004 when I was helping start a new troop and picked his brain on boy led. I tried to meet up with Eamonn at the 2005 Jambo, but kept missing him at his campsite on the far side of camp. I am "friends" with a number of our posters here on facebook.

I have corresponded with a few much more experienced folks and got some help from a couple which was very very appreciated considering my Scouting inexperience. The discussion I have here has helped me frame issues better for our Troop scouter and committee meetings. Even when I don't agree. I am one of those "on the one hand but on the other hand" guys.

BTW, Scouter-Terry gave a few of us the blessing to create a facebook group with the name "The Scouter dot Com Facebook Group". Search for it and join it if you'd like. I'd post a link, but I'm at work and facebook is blocked.

I am the servant of the power behind the Nothing. I was sent to kill the only one who could have stopped the Nothing. I lost him in the Swamps of Sadness. His name...was Atreyu!

(the correct answer to that exact question - at least in the Neverending Story).

no, I have not met anyone on this forum, as far as I know.

I see DLChris71 at round tables and at a camporee/ IOLS training session.

Keep meaning to start up a converaation, but we( scouters in my district) are known for getting sidetracked and having so much fun at everything we do, so we end up running over time. By the time I look up, at least half the crowd has left, and you are trying to leave because the other half will keep you there another hour if you let them.

I've met one person. Even got a chance to see his collection of Sea Scout patches. Most anybody who actually knows me would pretty easily be able to connect me to me.

The neverending story was a great book. I was not a huge fan of the movie though. It is hard to capture such a magical world onscreen.

I have met a couple of people who are no longer active but do seem to read what's going on. I this because of the emails they send me.

There are a few forum members from that big Council next door that one of these days I feel sure I'm bound to run into.

There is one member that used to work in that Council who I think I might have met or at least been in the same room as.

One year I'm going to make it to the Celtic Festival that they have in OGE neck of the woods, not sure I'll manage any haggis? But I'm good for a couple of traditional Irish songs.

If OGE is into eating a haggis, I'll be there for moral support.

Ea.

I was the one who had dinner with Oaktree and his son this week. My only regret is I didn't read my Email earlier so we could have more time talking about scouting stuff. I know it sounds kind of silly, but you know scouting goes deep in the soul when two grown men who never met before stand for a few hours accross the street of the Oklahoma University campus mainly talking about scouting. I must say Oaktree, I also very much enjoyed watching a proud dad smile as he talked about his kids.

I love this scouting stuff.

Barry