Smack dab in the middle of Texas

I was a Scout in my young age and made it to 1st class before I started noticing girls. 52 now, and a District staff member of Royal Rangers, (a Boys Christian Camping Program,) been with them 25 years. I just wanted to look around, ask questions, and enjoy good information I am recieving from these forums. Part of the FCF (Frontier Camping Fellowship) a branch of Royal Rangers. This is a reinactor/pioneer program and ministry of the pre 1840's and we camp within the Boys as a village. Plus apart of a Colonial cannon brigade too. I'm a minister and goat rancher and my favorite hobby is finding arrowheads

Bullmoose,

Good to meet you, there have been a few member from the RR that stop in here and while we don't share the same rules and regs there is a lot we can learn from each other. I hope you stick around and get involved.

Trevorum: It's not illegal to find them, only to collect them (grin).

GWD, the obvious reason is that it is outright theft of property belonging to the people of the State of Texas and of the United States, respectively. The underlying reason is that it is, further, a violation of the Antiquities Act of 1906, the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, and the Archeological Protection At of 1979 (on federal lands), and of the Texas Antiquities Code (on Texas State lands).