When is it time to find a new troop?

No reason you or your son can't go to the Scout Shop and buy a pack of blank blue cards. That would eliminate one excuse. SM: "I don't have any cards with me", Scout:"That's ok, Mr. SM...I have some here all filled out and all you have to do is sign them, please."

Plus you have to buy a whole packet which is about 50 or 100 per pack. My son got a hold of some. I think it was when he would go to a camp that was not in district as a provisional camper. Troop would give him blue cards for it, but the camp used a computerized system.. He kept the cards, and they came in handy every now and then. Don't remember what for, but nothing the troop frowned upon.. More like "Oh, you have a blank blue card? Wonderful! Where is it?"

Lisabob - Yes, that was another arguement they made. We had undercover police officer and such, they did not want their name and contact info that public.(This message has been edited by moosetracker)

Well, good news. The SM delivered the cards, signed. :) My boy is all smiles. Our new Merit Badge Coordinator is looking for some blue cards, and I mentioned to him the local Scout shop might have them. I wished him luck.