I agree, it's a lot of interesting data.

The biggest problem with data like this is that it doesn't address causality at all. All it does is provide correlation. Does being an Eagle Scout really help develop some of these things? I'm sure it does. But some of them could just be from the fact that smart kids with perseverance and good parents are more likely to earn Eagle, and smart kids with perseverance and good parents are also likely to have other success in life too. Really hard to separate. You'd want some kind of random-chance kind of effect to try to determine any sort of causality.

IMO, the survey questions are not sufficient in scope or consideration to answer the study question/purpose.

There are really no questions about family, though there is one question about how close you are with family, neighbors, co-workers and the last question "If you had a son would you want them to be a member of the Boy Scouts" is as weak as its grammar (professors?). There are many goal questions but none family specific.

No question about continuing education or involvement in your child's education.

No questions about military service...

No questions about current involvement with Scouting (very odd) also if you were not a scout do you wish you had been.

No questions about driving record, criminal record, drug use or other risky behavior other than alcohol.

And on it goes...

Seemed weak to me.

My $0.02

I found the no difference between Eagles and other Scouts of some interest. I have to agree that it is a "light" study-the kind that institutions commission in order to reinforce what they already believe.

I have to agree in my limited observation many of the boys who make Eagle tend to be a somewhat self-selected group (that is their parents mostly doing the selecting). Those kids--in general--seem to have pretty involved parents as a support system. Also what about scouts vs. other sports?