Air Conditioned Eagle Encampment

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because someone "expresses" an opinion...doesn't mean you have to quote it back at them. It is simply an opinion. No need to be a jerk about it.   I was, and am, expressing how it is a positiv

Oh it is not a waste of money For those working the check list instead of the journey, it is the height of efficiency.   A while ago on Bryan on scouting there was a link posted to a private websit

I forgot some of the best parts!

> All areas are air conditioned

> Youth will be staying in dormitory style bunk houses

> All meals are cafeteria style with "teenage portions"

There is hardly any reason at all to go outside for 6 days - doesn't that totally rock?

Wow our prospective Eagle Scouts never had it better!

We should have a huge Eagle crop this year!

Way to go!!!

Is this an actual camp or a proposed camp for your area.. If it's an actual camp is there a website on it..

Don't worry, it is not to send my little tike to this place.. My little tike is way too big.. I just want to see if this is a true camp or a joke..

How many in your area are for it? How many are angry about it?

This is an actual encampment...Scouts Honor.

No idea how others feel there or here

There is a link to it down at a Florida Concil (www.cfcbsa.org) - Central Florida Council

I found it by accident and thought what a great way to accelerate some Eagle Scout advancement!

Cool, huh?

Do they allow sheath pencils at this air conditioned encampment?

Google "air conditioned eagle encampment"... and we find one at Camp Lanoche, Florida, June. And we see its purpose is NOT to

"get Scouts to Eagle Scout without having to impose undue outdoor activities"

It's for 1st Class to Life, ages 13 to 17 to work on academically oriented MBs. Maybe Scouts who attend it do outdoor activities in other times and places?

The MBs they work on for this one are:

Citizenship in the Community

Citizenship in the Nation

Citizenship in the World

Communications

Family Life

Personal Management

Much of many Scouts' work on these is done in comfortably climate controlled quarters.

Just because someone "expresses" an opinion...doesn't mean you have to quote it back at them. It is simply an opinion. No need to be a jerk about it.

I was, and am, expressing how it is a positive thing to try and get our Internet, computer game generation scouts tied into doing so e needed advancement towards getting their Eagle Scout.

Want to Google something...try ..."Judgemental"

Try that hat on for size :-)

• Upvote 1

Indeed. It fits. Both of us.

Very stylish.

And agreed it is a "it is a positive thing to try and get our Internet, computer game generation scouts tied into doing so e needed advancement towards getting their Eagle Scout." ---to quote back an opinion whilst wearing this fancy new hat of judgment someone on the forum just gave me.

(This message has been edited by Callooh! Callay!)

The point here is that this is a specifically oriented retreat, rather than a real camp, aimed at, as noted, academically oriented merit badges that likely "should not" be done in a regular camp. It is also held at a church retreat/camp center with dorms and so on. Frankly, I see very little to question about the idea, and could see it being a viable option in other locales.

If you look at the council site, it is obvious that they have many outdoor options in their council, both regular scouting and high adventure.

Much ado about nothing again, as far as I can see. JMHO