Relative Prestige of Adult Cub Scout vs Boy Scout Leaders

Folgers makes a tea bag style coffe for single cup .

While I have used it quite a few times, it's a bit more acidic than regular brew since the regular brew coffee filter does take some of that out. I think it's a mix of regular grounds as well as some instant coffee too.

One of our leaders owns a coffee service. He brings a full scale coffee brewer to pack campouts. attaches a hose to a 5 gallon water cooler jug and just needs a 115v power source.

For smaller groups or where only a few people will drink coffee, he swears by ( and prefers ) a french press. It's good for almost 3 cups of coffee. Of course, you have to get your coffeee custom ground because regular can stuff is just fine enough to clog the screen or even pass through.

I mentioned that I was going to buy a campfire perculating coffee pot and he turned his nose up to the idfea!

Elitist! :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom2cubs,

The French press is the easiest way for coffee for a single person on a campout. Starbucks and Target sell travel mugs that have built-in presses. Starbucks Via is a pretty good solution as well. Not quite as good as drip, but pretty close. My troop has an adult percolator for the adults. I usually carry my Via just in case.

Hammocks are a great solution to sleeping on the ground. Cots aren't bad either, but much harder to carry.

I have stove-top espresso pots. (9-cup for car camping, and 3-cup for backpacking or smaller groups. Although I really could get by with just a 1 cup most weekends. The plastic Dixie cups make perfect shot glasses!) They clean up relatively quickly and are durable.

Dads do pick on me and my 'motor oil', but they usually will use it as a supplement to their runny stuff!

Anyway, it's those quirks about yourself that you discover along the way of camping with these youth that are your real prestige!