Hello, I am happy for find such a great scouting forum. I just started with cub scouts this past fall. My intentions were to be a Tiger Den leader with my son but have been blessed with the Cubmaster position as well.

I'm from a very small pack of 30 boys. In the past months I have made numerous changes to help improve the quality of the pack. I am curious to see what kind of turnout we have at our spring recruit. I have had many people tell me how awful the scouting program in my town was and I am trying very hard to squash that reputation.

You are a very lucky fellow!

I do at times wish that my son was just starting out in Cub Scouting!

He is going to be 21 in a few months time!

Someone a lot wiser than I said that when you have a son.

For the first 12 -14 years it kinda like having a dog.

He looks at you with loving, adoring eyes, he obeys you and wants to please you.

But sometime around the age of 12 -14.

He turns into a cat.

He only is around when he wants fed.

You ask him to do anything and he looks at you as if you are nuts and for some of the time he hates getting wet!

This wise person says that at about 25 years of age he turns back into being like a dog.

Cub Scouts are just so much fun. -Enjoy it. (All too soon they will all turn into cats!)

Welcome.

Eamonn.

(Please don't take this to seriously!)

Welcome to the forums. I've always liked Iowa. I met my wife at Lake Okoboji (Ioway Lakeside Lab) and have nothing but fond memories. Better yet, a couple of years ago when I returned for a visit, the area was loaded with windmills. Nice.

>

Hey! I spent two summers at Lakeside Lab - '80 & '81 I think.

Got a B.A. in biology from UNI, and an M.S. in Animal Ecology from ISU.

Spent the rest of my life not using either degree.

Welcome CMasterIA_6321,

You have a worth while challenge ahead of you.

You will make a difference. Heart and soul of a good cub program is in the planning stage (in May) for the next year. Have fun with it.

Recruit a few key helpers and your set.

Lake O is like a second home to me - too bad they sold off the boy scout camp. My dad is from Arnolds Park.

Cyboji