Reading the OP from which this is spun and the subsequent explana-complications, I couldn't figure how that post worked as a math or logic puzzle ... "multiple scoutmasters hypothetically did something hypothetically hypothetical at hypothetical times, which one should have take a left turn at Albuquerque?" So I gave up trying to decipher it.... Quitter.

Then I read Beavah's translation and answer in that thread and that clarified matters well, assuming the OP was an ethics question rather a math or logic puzzle.

That assumption is probably correct. But... for anyone else who was disappointed when they figured out there was no solution to the hypothetical puzzle presented... here's an adaptation of a puzzle for wich there is a solution:

There are 5 campsites in a row (running north/south), each named for a different animal, each occupied by a different troop. The scoutmaster of each troop, prefers a different drink, has a different bad habit, and sleeps in a different kind of tent. None of the scoutmaster have the same type of tent, the same bad habit, or prefer the same drink.

Troop 275 is in Campsite Grizzly.

The Scoutmaster of Troop 123 sleeps in a Euraka Timberline.

The Scoutmaster of Troop 118 drinks Yoohoo.

Looking from the main path, Campsite Mule Deer is just to the north Campsite Prairie Dog.

The Scoutmaster in Campsite Mule Deer drinks Diet Coke.

The Scoutmaster with Coleman dome tent sometimes lets his temper run away and yells angrily, later realizing that he ought not have.

The scoutmaster in Campsite Osprey adds requirements to make earning merit badges and ranks advancements more difficult.

The Scoutmaster in the center campsite drinks coffee.

Troop 324 is in the northernmost campsite.

The troop whose Scoutmaster stifles boy leadership is camped in the site next to the troop whose Scoutmaster uses a Big Agnes tent.

The Scoutmaster who sleeps in an old canvas wall tent is in the site next to the troop whose Scoutmaster adds requirement to merit badges and rank advancments.

The Scoutmaster who is a "helicopter scouter" drinks Gatorade.

The Scoutmaster of troop 764 is too lax about curbing a bully in his troop.

The Troop 324 is camped in the site next to Campsite Sea Lion.

The Troop whose Scoutmaster stifles boy leadership is camped next to the troop whose Scoutmaster drinks orange juice.

Now the question.... One of the five Scoutmasters sleeps in a Kelty backpacking tent - which one is it?

(This message has been edited by Callooh! Callay!)(This message has been edited by Callooh! Callay!)

edited thrice by the grammatically challenged Callooh! Callay!(This message has been edited by Callooh! Callay!)

not sure if anyone has answered while I was figuring it out... but I'm not refreshing to check...

if campsite 1 is northern most and 5 is southernmost then...

campsite 4 which is mule deer with troop 764. SM drinks dt. coke allows bullying too much and sleeps in the kelty backpacking tent.

and if they have the dt. coke then I'm THERE!!! LOL

Piece of cake!

The Scoutmaster who drinks his coffee in the red coffee cup and has a daughter in Girl Scouts because only a Scoutmaster who sleeps in a Kelty backpacking tent would camp anywhere else other than his back yard. It was a trick question....

Stosh

The scoutmaster who drinks coffee is the one that sleeps in the backpacking tent.

All the other habits are against the methods of the Boy Scouts so the one whose only bad habit is coffee is likely the more successful outdoor troop.

Its the Scoutmaster of Troop 324, staying in Camp Osprey, drinking Orange Juice and adding requirement - or the person in the northernmost camp.

The poor guy in the second most northern camp, with all his stifling, no wonder he has a hard time controlling the bullies.

Or was that Professor Plum, in the Drawing Room, with the Lead Pipe? What game are we playing again?