Hey everybody, it's been a long time since I posted on here. Anyway my situation is that I turned 18 left my troop and joined the military but I want to go to NOAC with my previously local lodge and friends. Obviously joining a local unit would not help be get where I need to be but I called around and decided to join my friends Venturing crew back home and spoke with the leader and he agreed and told me to get the forms and mail them to him plus my 15$ payment.

Sounds fine but I have a few questions about how to go about doing some things:

1. Where can I find this form?!

2. If I'm 18 do I need to still go to a physical before I can attend NOAC?

3. Anyone have any experience if Military doctors will do this so I don't have to pay to go somewhere?

Thank you,

Michael.

The form you need is the scout registration form. You can find them at your local council office. These are in triplicate and I have not seen them online.

Everyone has to have a yearly physical. So yes you would need a physical. That form is available online.

Don't see why you couldn't use a military physician.

Welcome back to scouting and thanks for your service.

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-406a.pdf

Fill out the application once then make a copy of it for the second copy.

The council needs the signed original copy, the unit copy is for the use of the unit.

You may need to pay an OA membership fee and complete an OA application if you need to be an active OA member.

You might want to consider registering with a Venturing unit on or near your base that you could participate in. You can use beascout.org to help locate possibilities.

I believe there is a Scouter Reserve classification aimed at making it easier for young men in the military or college to maintain BSA membership, but I'm not experienced with that and can't advise you with confidence on that.

Perhaps someone else can describe that option.(This message has been edited by seattlepioneer)

You can get the BSA physical on-line as well. It's a writtable PDF so you can fill out all the pertinent information, save, print, and take it in ready to go to your installation's clinic. Ask your NCO if you can make an appointment or should use sick-call. And file your leave papers now.

Thanks for the advice, I went to enter my leave today and found out my supervisor and another person in my shop took the entire month of August and only two people can be out at once so chances are unless I can convince one of them to not take it until the 4th I'm not going to NOAC. :|

Thank you though :) still keeping my fingers crossed.