Phil rarely fails to see his shadow. I kinda think he knows that this is the halfway point of winter and in six weeks spring will be in the air.

More importantly it's about the time when a lot of the Christmas goodies are about done.

The cookies that HWMBO has rationed out from the freezer are about done.

The candy bowl only has the candy is empty apart for the candy that no one likes.

I did notice a box of chocolates that somehow managed to not get opened.

I'll work on that next week.

There is still a lot of adult beverages left. They might come in handy if we get hit by a really cold spell or a blizzard.

I kinda think what's in the fridge will not live long after the super bowl.

Maybe now is the right time for that long winter nap that I missed out on?

Ea.

Stats show that the Groundhog is correct about 40% of the time. BTW, most of the time he does see his shadow--100 out of 116 recorded instances.

I tend to believe General Beauregard Lee, a groundhog that lives in metro Atlanta. He usually doesn't see his shadow :-)

I could never remember if it was 6 weeks of winter if he saw his shadow or 6 weeks of winter if he didn't see his shadow.

Well, one day I did the math. Feb 2 -> 3/22 (Spring Equinox, 3/20 in 2012) is 7 weeks, so what we're debating here is the difference of less than one week. :) Up here in the "frozen tundra" area, that week is so totally irrelevant none of us really worry about it. We've had 2' of snow in April, but the calendar says it's SPRING! Go figure.

Stosh

(This message has been edited by jblake47)