Unit College Scouter Reserve 92U

click23

You're missing the point. I want these guys on my unit roster, not the district's. Hence the reason for 92U.

It's unfortunate that National and councils have not advertised this category. I imagine they (and units) would retain a lot of 18-21 years olds and these guys would feel a stronger attachement to their troop when they're back home from college.

sm1983bsa

"position code 92 is a district posistion. The youth should register in the position in the district where there college is, or their home district"

Correct click23, BUT 92U is *Unit* College Scouter Reserve. a slightly different

position.

Sorry for my brain meltdown, I completely missed the point.

I just did a google search on this topic and found this, https://www.nationalpike.org/content/500

"To register a person in this position using Internet Rechartering (because the position is brand new!), you must register them as an assistant unit leader and hand-write the position code on the printed roster that is signed for turn-in."

I'm with SR540Beaver. I hear you (or Tico Perez) about 100% training requirements coming but frankly it's a stupid policy with a stupid approach to training. All IOLS has been for the SM/ASMs of our troop has been a ridiculous waste of time and administrative headache. I understand some people need it -- heck, I support the class being offered and highly encouraged, I just think it's ludicrous to make it mandatory when you have recently graduated Eagles or adults who have spent the better part of a quarter century or more living, breathing, teaching Scout skills.

All the computerized recordkeeping that National can dream up is adding little to nothing to the program.

HICO,

Now in national's computerized records defense, the councils I've been in never put training records into SCOUTNET the first go around. Someof that was b/c it was pre Scoutnet.

But when you have to redo YPT a few months after you had just TAUGHT the course b/c Council A didn't put it in the records so that you new Council B can see, that's frustrating.

Or when you give Council B a copy of every cert you have, but when you move to Council C, they have no records of you, that's a problem caused by Council B.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a district training chair. Our council required direct contact leader training last year, so we did multiple extra sessions of SM Specific and IOLS. We also did a test-out day for IOLS. Almost everybody who tried passed, but it wasn't easy. We're doing another one this month. I encourage people to take IOLS, but we have the test-out option.

Our council also has an exemption for college students and those in the military below 21. They had been required to do Fast Start and This is Scouting, but now those aren't required.

But I think this 92U position will work well for our young adults heading off to college as well as the college student who sometimes meets with us and told me about it.