qwazse, not so touch that I didn't eat!

We usually eat very well thank you. However, we now do a "Golden Spoon" competition for best dish or most ambitious Patrol menu and the quality of the boys own meals has really stepped up. Much less pringles, ramen, and pop tarts.

Engineer61, I believe the SM's words were "I need a new Klondike sled and I need it soon because practice starts in 3 weeks". He went on to elaborate that there would be two teams and now there was one sled because the boys burned the old one six weeks ago and nothing was done about it and said there's going to be a patrol without a sled. Bottom line, IMO, was that the owner of the problem is the group that burned the sled, but it was brought to committee as "our" problem because of the way the SM views the Adult QM's responsibilities. Funny part was that this adult wasn't able to attend the mtg. Do I need to say the Adult QM badly wants out of the job?

Eagle732, the SM loves being in that position. Works hard, but is a "my way or the highway" kind of guy. No one is doing a good enough job other than him. Offending a lot of adults who are trying to help.

qwaze, this sounds like what we need to do. Put the responsibility for equipment back on the scouts and have an adult be the advisor. Is consistent with the feedback most on this thread have given.