Comic con was wonderful......It is great seeing gals dressed up like Laura Croft or Princess Lea...Not to mention the number of green lanterns and bat mans. The Best costume was a guy Dress up like the main character from Desert Punk...

Son picked up a few more Captain Americas he was missing.....I got a couple pieces of art signed. We sat and watched the crowd for a couple of hours......

The ACM called and no one died on the hike either.

I think the De and FOS guy gave up....phone didn't ring at all today.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basement,

You ever look at some of these comic book characters and wonder who the hell they are?

I remember sitting in my uncle

s store in Cape Hatteras reading $0.25 cent comic books and $0.75 double issue horror comics while sitting net to his wood burning stove.

Yeah, way back in the day. Lee Robinson's General Store in Hatteras Village at the south end of Cape Hatteras. Had a wood burning stove in the center of the store and a couple wooden rocking chairs.

I haven't bought a comic since then. I think I kept up with Mad Magazine until 1989 or 1990, but never did read the comics again.

Ya fish....I do wonder...

As a young man I read sgt rock, richie rich, occasionally the xmen, thor.....While I never followed Iron man or the avengers.....I have started reading them recently......I am guessing that is why the son is reading and collecting captain america. He was disappointed by the movie.....

I never read the horror comics, just not my thing I guess.

Looking at the prices on the books today makes me wish I had took better care of them as a young man.

Hi Guys,

Same subject Different DE. Thought we had a decent chance with this DE as he was new...

District Comittee "consisting of about 4 Scouters" came up sith a plan for recruiting. Doing massive "area" recruiting (kinda like mini Scout Shows) on the same day. A few weeks later the DE told us that Council had decided otherwise and that they wanted to run thiers first. They have recruited quite a few new Packs and Troops. Unfortunately, the 2 UC's for the District (one active) that they have can NOT cover a whole District. They don't care about that, they will take care of that later (been trying to get them to help for over a year).

As well as being a UC, I am also the BS RTC. Meeting 2nd Th. of every month at 6:30pm. Council want to do a "Fireside chat" so they sent out an email telling people that the time for RT had changed to 6pm. Funny, they didn't ask either the CS RTC or myself. They just rescheduled it.

I sent a sarcstic email basically asking the DE what HIS theme was and who HIS guest speaker was as I assume he is taking over RT (by the way, he rarely attends).

I feel kinda bad about the email but they just wont see the picture and I guess I am achieving burn-out. I support BSA but I have trouble supporting National...

Thanks for letting me vent.

YiS,

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh, another from on high answer from Doc......How is the weather on Olympus today???????

Ya know doc it is pretty easy bein a rich white guy from the burbs and having two parents in every household.

First, Neither I or the Pack have extra cash to Pay for the young men who have not paid their registrations. The parents have the scholarship paperwork in hand.... This monday is deadline pay or leave for the boys.

Second G2SS show me the quote about webelos den camping and where the Adult to Scout Ratio is 1 to 1.

I would like to thank you for your pompous reply. I understand your a big district and council kinda guy, but you forget with out us little guys you wouldn't have a district to be a Napoleon of.