Here is my situation, I am a scoutmaster for a troop, committee chair for a pack, and advisor for a crew.

Granted, not all those positions by choice. The crew advisor just up and left without a word and I felt bad for the kids so I stepped up. For the troop and pack, at one time I was running both because of a lack of leaders. Two years ago we found a cub master but she left, last year, we got a new cub master but one of the den leaders did not like her and forced her to leave due to the headaches caused by this den leader. This den leader then stepped up to the top position. Fast forward two months, a decision was made to find a new charter organization due to lack of support. Everybody agreed and we met with another church in town that was willing to meet our needs and support us 100%. We moved forward with the arrangment for the move, however, this same pack leader changes her mind and no longer wanted to change organizations. So we put everything on hold and discussed the issues. So, here we are at the same organization because she did not want to make the move, which is fine. However, here's the kicker, now she is quitting the pack and all the other leaders are pissed. She and her husband kick and scream about making the move, now she leaves. It is to late to make a move now due to telling the other organization "never mind". We have one week till recruitment night and I have been getting phone calls all day from other leaders wanting to know what's going on with the recruitment and the start of the pack year. I did not realize nothing has been done to prep for the year, so I took the bull by the horns to get things going and get things ready for recruitment. I have been accused, by this leader and her husband, of overstepping my boundaries and being to controlling. I only over step my bounds when I get calls from den leaders needing to know what is going on because the cub master failed to call them. The pack only has me for a committee and I am doing my best to now run three scouting units!! I know we are only volunteers but how can anybody just say " I wash my hands to all of you and I quit". How do you face the kids you are leaving and the other leaders that you have thrown all this on? I guess I am just being the fall guy because nobody else wants to volunteer or fulfill the obligations as leaders. No other leader wants to step up. We do have the COR and the district helping us out. I am just lost for words and frustrated over the whole situation.

The leader you described I would refer to as a "user." They want things to go their way, but if you deviate even the slightest bit they whine and complain.

You may not agree or even like what I say, but here goes. If this leader still has a few weeks or whatever until she quits, FIRE HER NOW. I'd rather have a lack of leaders than a bad one that poisons the programme. Also, the last time we had a leader who kept spreading rumours and slander around, the Scout Executive got involved. This may be your best option if it's negatively impacting your pack. I guess I'm not entirely sure what question you have, though.

A bit late in the game now, but why on earth did you (as CC) and the COR, allow this one leader to run rampant? Was she such a wonderful leader that you would let her do anything she wanted just to keep her? Do what should have been done way back when she started harassing your CM, get rid of her.

As Committee Chair (CC) you were supposed to be working on roundup/recruitment WITH the Cubmaster. You, the CM, the den leaders, and any other Pack leaders, should be working TOGETHER to prep for the coming year.

You are CC, call a meeting of all of the Pack's registered leaders, as soon as possible. TOGETHER, sort out what you will be doing next week at recruitment, and what the coming year will look like.

If your Pack families REALLY want to move their charter to that other church, it is NOT to late. Contact your District Executive at your local council, and your Unit Commissioner (or your District Commissioner if you have no UC), and all of you go talk to the head of the church. Explain the situation. Odds are they will understand, and be happy to charter your Pack.

The CC, and the Committee, are responsible for recruiting sufficient leaders.

Get together a list of all adults in the Pack. Ask your den leaders (they should know their families) which ones they would recommend for specific positions (Cubmaster, Treasurer, Advancement, etc). Make a list of first, second, third, and forth, choices for each job. Visit each one individually, and ask them personally, to take on the job. Keep asking (selling the position) until one of your choices accepts for each position.

Not the best choice, but you might have to recruit adult volunteers, as well as youth, at next week's recruitment.

As for the rest of it - you need to decide what you really want to do. What group(s), if any, that you really want to work with, and in what capacity. Then tell the Charter Organization Representatives of the units you are not interested in volunteering for that you will give them XX amount of time, and help them to find a replacement, but then you are gone.

No one can force you to do what you do not want to do. It is your call.