• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the consequences of a boy on a scouting event caught smoking weed. No I'm not that boy. I'm a adult leader I'm a Eagle Scout. I just ran into this problem this week. The kid comes from a broken home just trying to help him out to stay in Scouting

I'm in agreement with the folks that have advised you to sit down with the boy, explain your concern, explain that it's unacceptable, and explain the punishment that you decide on. Given the home situation, maybe the answer is not to send him packing, I don't know. If he was involving other boys, then he has to go away at least for a little while.

For me, it's situational. If this were some bored entitled kid then I'd kick him to the curb. If he was involving other boys, there have to be serious consequences. And whatever the situation, the other boys need to know that it's not acceptable and that some kind of punishment happened. As for some who've mentioned the cops, meh, it's going to take some serious dealing or partying before I get the police involved.

Old Shaggzzz is probably that scout because I received a message that he added me to his ignore list.

Didn't like my answer. Sorry son.

Scouting and Recreational Drug use are not compatible.

I have news for you.....Most of my boys are from broken homes, mom raising them, dad absent or grand parents raising abandon grand kids.

While they have challenges they have made the correct choices to this point.