Need Scouts/Troop to try out new Outdoor game

Fellow Scouters,

I've created rules for an outdoor game based off of Capture the Flag. I've put quite a bit of work and thought into it, but my only problem is that I don't have a group big enough to test it out. I am waiting for a family reunion to try it out myself, but if anyone is looking for a new game to play, please let me know! I would like feedback so I can adjust things if necessary. The only things required are at least 10 players, flag football belts with flags, and a semi-open area (a park with trees or less-dense forest would be perfect).

Here's a link to the rules. There's a super quick survey at the bottom for providing feedback. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1TwC7tWwXry2UIYajGIaddQslD4Mz3bWNqmJ4x3tZmc0(This message has been edited by Rusti)

Rusti, thanks for sharing this and kudos for creativity.

Two thoughts....

Though well written and thoughtful, the game seems a little too complex. The rules and scoring may stifle the participants' on-the-spot strategic planning and other creative elements that are traditionally required both games.

I may be showing my age, but the phone/walkie talkie clause jumped out at me. I realize it's 2011, but part of the excitement of capture the flag is the "decentralized execution" that must take place...the leader has to trust the team members to follow a plan they all agreed upon. And then wonder and wait to see if the plan comes together. Those can be thrilling moments when the plan changes on the fly, a time hack made an hour ago results in the plan working like a charm, etc.

Individual initative--what the heck do I do now?--is one of the great things about capture the flag. Having a leader call you every 30 secs demanding a report or telling you what to do--doesn't seem so much fun. Maybe that's just me.

These minor points aside, it's obvious alot of work went into the game. Though complex, it's clearly written. Please keep us posted on your research...highest regards.

Thanks for the feedback! It is a bit complex - I will see what I can do to simplify it. My edits will update to the link above within minutes of my making them.(This message has been edited by Rusti)