For those looking at the US Made Kanstul Bugle that BigBovine purchased understand they come in two keys.

http://scoutbugle.com/GetKan.htm

The traditional Boy Scout Bugle is in G/F. (But getting down to the "F" doesn't do much good for the tone quality). So for a the younger/starting out player the G bugle will work out better than the B-flat.

For an player who is a solid brass player in their own right who can NAIL a G on the staff on their trumpet, than one may consider the B-flat Bugle. I say that because while the bugles LOOK sort of the same, in reality they were both designed from the ground up and the B-flat (IMHO) Is the best playing bugle on the site. However, unless the scout is one of the top player in their high school (not just a player) it's unlikely they would do better with this horn.

So: Younger Player "G" Bugle, Solid Player Consider "B-Flat" but a G will do fine.

Nice comments on the Kanstul Bugles.

The Bb bugle will be slightly easier to play, as the bore is slightly smaller. Also, for those who already play trumpet, the transposition can mess with your head. (Like switching between the various keyed trumpets) so the music teachers in the school might not appreciate the G bugle as much.

The 7C mouthpiece is the classic beginner trumpet mouthpiece. Never was my favorite, but I had fatter lips and a wider embouchure.