Hello from Buffalo

Not from Buffalo... Welcome - thanks for giving your time AND for going to training.

Yeah, the kid had had the temerity to ask when we were going to turn the heater on..., It's been on for a week. :) I wasn't even wearing long sleeves, much less a sweatshirt and he's asking about heat?

We keep our house temperature during this season where the rich folk have it in July. :)

SWMBO(She Who Must Be Obeyed) is a child of a Utility worker - she hates paying the Utility company - Just like her Dad. Plus, A Scout is Thrifty.

And why heat the house above what you need to keep the pipes from freezing if everyone is under blankets and asleep? It's craazy I tell you.

Oh, not quite yet. The real snow doesn't get here until January or February. Just a dusting a few days ago. Then again, 6-8 inches is considered 'just a dusting' to us.

Like I said, I'm a rookie Assistant Leader. I'm interested to see different perspectives on different topics.

The whole 'What color numbers on the new uniforms' subject is a prime example. I'm picking up my uniform Friday (also read as: pay day) and wouldn't know which way to go if not for this site.

Even my local Council, Scout Shop and Pack leadership didn't know what to say.