More Eagle Scouts in the public eye

As a fan of shooting sports and guns in general I have become a fan of the show "sons of Guns" on the Discovery Channel. While brosing the wesite I found this info on their website from the Bios for the "cast" members:

"Vincent Buckles is Red Jacket's lead gunsmith and a native of Detroit, Michigan. He was raised camping, fishing and backpacking on his family's property in Northern Michigan. Growing up, Vince was (and remains to this day) an Eagle Scout in Boy Scout Troop 1024"

Kind of nice to see someone in the spotlight acknowledging his Scouting background.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/sons-of-guns/bios/vincent-buckles-bio.html

At the closing Jamboree show a montage was played of notable Scouts. I was struck that most were from years gone by -- Hank Aaron, Neil Armstrong, Gerald Ford. It's telling that there are no contemporary figures to showcase.(This message has been edited by Doc Meyer)

Hey Doc, cut us a break! Some of us our too busy making a living to be famous (yet)!

For a contemporary panoply of Eagles, I suggest Legacy of Honor, by Alvin Townley.

Sheer numbers dictate that there are more public figures who are Eagles now than ever before. Townley's research makes that very clear.

I would suggest that the closing show montage tells more about the folks who made it than about numbers of Eagles in the public eye.