What position should a Stake Young Men leader hold in the local District or Council?

Committee Member in his home unit seems possible, but doesn't seem to really fit right since his "jurisdiction" could be council-wide. Maybe a District or Council Committee?

I would imagine this could fluctuate drastically depending on the LDS population of the particular council...

And it depends on how many Stakes are located within a District.

My district only has one (three wards in our district, the rest in the district to our South) - the district to my immediate west has three!

But we have a couple of leaders in the stake who have served as District Chairman, and District Committee members in our District.

It depends on where your talents are needed, really. One YM President I know is District Chair, another is an assistant district commissioner, another still is a council committee member, and we even have a stake president as a finance chair in one district.

More importantly, though, is the representation the stake as to an LDS Relationship Committee in my council. Every stake president and YM president are invited every 3 months to sit down with the professional staff, the Council Key 3 and other key volunteers to discuss the state of the council. It's an awesome meeting and greet to see brethren getting their questions answered. Does your council do this?

JH, I don't think we're at that point yet. Our population has the stake about the same size geographically as the council.

Also, I don't think the purpose is to get "representation" on the council, just a way to provide support, and then relay scouting info over to the LDS young men.

The LDS Scouting relations office has a paper titled "Church Positions Overlap Possible BSA Positions"

Here is a link. (hope it works)

https://www.ldsbsa.org/pdf/resources/LDS%20Church%20Positions%20and%20Possible%20BSA%20Positions.pdf

My personal preference is to have the Stake YM Presidency fill Unit Commissioner positions as the responsibilities are closely related.