best comment form an Eagle Scout ever

Went to an Eagle COH for a Scout who made Eagle and then the family moved out of state due to Dads work. They came back so the Scout could get his medal in his original Troop.

at the end of the ceremony the Scout gets up in front of everyone and says the usual thank yous. then he turns to the Scoutmaster(me)and ASm's and says " I want to thank all of you for letting me fail" He then went on to say how burning food and messing up a lot of things while scouting made him a better person.

sometimes you just get it right!

"You know dad, my senior project is just like my Eagle project. All the stuff I learned for my Eagle project, I have to do for my senior project. You have to plan everything, figure out a schedule, the stuff you need, who you need to help. Then as soon as you start all your plans change and you have to do that 'analyze, adapt, overcome' stuff your always talking about."

--- OneCubSon

TwoCub.

I had a similar conversation with my Eagle son. he's a film major and they had to plan a major shoot. the person in charge was freaking out. he grabbed the project and told everyone" this is like an Eagle project. let me show you how it's done." Yep, sometimes it all works and gives you a nice warm fuzzy.