Oh come now, Calvin could become a boy scout.. Kudu says the natural born leader is the one in the back causing trouble.. That would describe Calvin. He is always building and tinkering.. In most comic strips he's playing out doors, rarely in front of the TV.. And he is one of those boys who would definately go a whole week without bathing..

I think Calvin would make a great scout! I can see Hobbes peaking out of a backpack already.

Hey, your right! Calvin and my grandson have a strange resemblance! Trouble makers being leaders,wow!We have a den of natural born leaders.My hope is that they will always have that drive, enthusiasm and curiosity...and yes even the devilishness.First grade boys are interesting characters:)

He'd be a great scout! Sure would....when he's not getting into trouble.

He isn't scared, loves to explore, isn't afraid of doing or the unknown....and has a great imagination!

I wish that all the boys in my pack were Calvins. They'd all make Eagle before they entered 5th grade! :)

After several incidents which lead folks in our troop to part ways -- and an inability to get certain scouts to go check out the new troop -- I think we get the Calvin!

Oldest son fessed up to mom that during a backpacking trip he found himself explaining to his amased college buddies "well this how my dad taught me ..."

Gimme points for not replying to mom, "See isn't it good we didn't waste vacation time on cruises?"

I used to to always say about Summer camp that "Camp Minsi was where I live, I consider myself in exile the other 51 weeks of the year"

Well, the wife finally heard that and wanted to know why living with her was considered "in exile", I am still working a a retortm any help? Anyone? Anyone?

Tell her you are thinking more like Odysseus captivated by Calypso, as portrayed by Vanessa Williams in the movie, or perhaps exiled as in Napoleon and Josephine.

Edited to add: Or if you're feeling brave, mention something about Al Bundy or Archie Bunker. Try to get a video if you do....(This message has been edited by packsaddle)