How many "pies" can I expect from a can of whipped

I don't like the whipped cream out of a can. It is way to runny.

We use the whipped topping that comes frozen in a tub. You can get at least 2 very creamy pies per tub.

If you check out the the discount food stores you can usually get a tub for about $1.

You know what I love about scouter.com? I love that people here know the answer to questions like this, and even have opinions about what kind of whipped creme/topping makes the best pies.

Thank you all, you have made my day.

An extremely important point is to be sure to use non dairy topping rather than cream. It also comes in tubs or cans but it does not turn and smell awfull in the time it takes to get home and shower! Ask me how I learned that one! LOL

I was also going to give the tip about using something non-dairy but I see Hawkrod beat me to it. After last year's mess our Pack decided to not used whipped cream at all for pies this year. Our "pies" were just pie plates full of pudding. Even with the dairy the pudding didn't start smelling. It was actually kind of nice to spend the rest of the meeting smelling the vanilla pudding my son got to smash into my face :)

My Cubmaster replacement actually just did this two weeks ago as a reward for breaking the popcorn sales record. We used small paper plates with large handfulls of canned whipped cream. Seems like we got about 8 per can. Unfortunately for him we had about 120 boys attend that meeting....we had to hose him off afterwards!

I used stuff in the can in an aluminum pie plate. 3 pies per can. Don't know if it had real dairy or not. We did this at the end of the meeting so there wasn't time for the development of rank smells anyway. We put down a tarp since we were in the school cafeteria. The only issue with that was keeping guys from stepping in the mess on the tarp. Scouts receiving got a trash bag with head hole (no arms) to protect their clothing. Adults receiving had been forewarned and prepared however they wished. I think we had 6 throwings - high seller in each den could receive or throw at their den leader or the cub master. There were no-shows from 2 or 3 of the eligible cubs and we didn't just let the next guy throw. The eligible scouts were asked ahead of time so adults could be prepared! I think we were evenly split between throwers and receivers, but were we to do it again I think we'd have more receivers.

If it is just to throw in a face - don't use whipped cream, use shaving cream.

The famous "Whipped Cream and other Delights" album cover by the Tiajuana Brass used shaving cream with just a dollop of whipped cream on the models hair.

I think 5 to a tall can is about right.

Side story: I challenged the boys in our troop to pass a uniform inspection at summer camp (we were having issues getting complete uniforms). The Polish exchange Scout on staff who conducted the inspection gave them a pass so I took it like a Scout -- we scheduled the pie toss for flag ceremony on the last morning of camp and I wore my spare set of class As for the toss. Well, the camp didn't have whipped cream so they substituted a huge can of chocolate pudding.

A few observations:

1) The increased weight of the pudding made it much easier for the boys to throw.

2) Chocolate pudding is a pain to get out of your uniform.

3) Everyone concerned enjoyed themselves -- the boys passed their inspection, boys from other units learned a thing or two about sportsmanship and other adults learned another technique for motivating their boys.

Pudding is a good cheap alternative but get vanilla. ;)