Online money collecting for trips - anyone do this?

It'll soon be time to start collecting registration fees for summer camp and this year I was thinking that maybe we could offer an online payment system. This would give the parents the flexibility of using either checks, credit cards, or direct from account withdrawals. It can then also be used for yearly dues collections, donations, other trip fee collections, etc.

It also offers the advantage of them being able to make a payment when they receive an email from the troop or when reading the updates on the website.

Has anyone used an online payment system for camp fees, registration, etc? And if so what service do you use?

My council has just started using KINTERA as their online payment system for events. They do have a service charge, and I am told it's steep (I'm getting more info on this for CS Day Camp on the 17th as we are possibly looking into using it). Adding the service fee to events may be needed to compensate.

Our troop has a website service which has a provision for online payments (www.soarol.com/mytroop.us). If we had a PayPal account, we could link it to payment buttons on our event pages. However -- our CO does not allow us to have a PayPal account. So we're stuck with doing things the old-fashioned way.

We've used online payment with Paypal on the Pack side for about 5 years now and the Troop side for about a year. It makes collecting dues and fees much easier, as people can just go online and pay. The only drawback on the Troop side is that they have to close it before the Monday before the campout so that funds can be available to give to the grubmasters.