important update to the med forms

This was important enough that I wanted to start a new thread rather the resurect the old one..

I sent off to the office of Health & saftey the concern about med forms.. I asked 3 questions..

Q. Is part C required for Woodbadge if Woodbadge is broken into under 72 hour weekends?

Q. Is other ailments listed for Dr. Signature (seizures, asthma) also waved for summer camp?

Q. How do we get Part C completed with Dr. Signature in order to allow people who are not picture perfect in health to go to summer camp / Woodbadge?

this is the response back..

Wood Badge yes.

the Task Force for this record is looking at updates to the signature block. Stand-by as to what those would look like.

So good news is, the change will be in the health form not the FAQ sheet, in order to get people into summer camp and woodbadge at least.. FAQ sheet is at least something I can digest, and live with..

Unfortunately I did not ask about the problem with the FAQ sheet stating form C was to be used for high adventure activities and the med form contradicted it with "all events" statement, as it was not brought to my attention before I sent out the email..

Maybe someone else emailed them also asking that question. But I am happier the FAQ sheet is more accurate then the med form.. So hopefully it is in this case also.

• 1 month later...

You will be happy to know the Part C has been updated just a few weeks ago to allow the healthcare practitioner to check either true or false to each of those things they were attesting to on the form. Not perfect, but a movement in the right direction.

The new form is available online

Wayne

I sent off to the office of Health & saftey the concern about med forms.. I asked 3 questions..

Q. Is part C required for Woodbadge if Woodbadge is broken into under 72 hour weekends?

Now, MT, why on earth would you go asking a question like that?

Next time just request, "Can you please give our volunteers more work to do and make sure they spend another $10 - $20 to do it?"

There's no box on part C for "Watching Movies on a perfectly good afternoon when you could be out fishing".

qwaze - I missing what you are trying to say.. If you hold your woodbadge broken up into two weekends of about 60 hours each (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).. Or if you hold it for one 6 day weekend, I do not understand why the 2 weekend course is less time & money, the the one week 6 day course.. Probably it is more money if you are spending time and gas to travel back & forth twice to the location..

But really they put in the same time & money, most our people just prefer to take 2 days off of work rather the 5 days off of work for the course..