You Might be a Star Wars Geek

Ok I reposted this from the spun thread. Please add to it if you want. I will be talking to my wife and about my pre Prequal Triology Star Wars Addiction.

Hi I'm Eagle92 and and I'm a Star Wars Addict.

If you leave you refuse to buy the Star Wars Special editions because HAN SHOT FIRST, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If your family and friends refuse to play the original Star Wars Trivial Pursuit because even with a missing 5 turns handicap you still win, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you buy the cool Naboo rocket kit only for the R2D2 electronic launcher, you might be a Star Wars geek. ( Ok I also bought it b/c the kids wanted the Naboo fighter).

If you begged your boss to keep the R2D2 drink cooler at your summer camp trading post, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you summer camp name is "Master Yoda," you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you turned your "Cubs in Space" themed day camp into a STAR WARS day camp, you might be a Star Wars geek. ( ok 1 person didn't get the message and was a "red shirt,")

If you know the words to Weird Al's " YODA," "Y.O.D.A," and "Star Wars cantina, and got your entire CSDC singing it, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you leave a rehearsal party as soon as you are done rehearsing in order to get in line to see Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menance on opening nite, you might be a Star Wars geek. (ok I admit that was a bit of a mistake, but it was opening nite and I didn'tknow how bad it was going to be).

If you have an entire collection of Star Wars books, comic books, etc, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you use Star Wars quotes in your everyday speech, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you got upset because your wife didn't give you a lightsaber like she did your kids at Christmas, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If your inlaws MAKE a custom lightsaber for you as a Christmas gift, you might be a Star Wars geek. (Ok I forgave my wife for not getting me a lightsaber as she knew what her family was up to ;) )

If your best man starts using Star Wars quotes in his speech at teh wedding reception, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If your friends and family are surprised that you didn't have a Star Wars themed groom's cake, you might be a Star Wars geek. (I had a Scouting theme one instead!)

If you refuse to let your kids see the Prequal trilogy before the original trilogy, you might be a Star Wars geek.

Talk about disappointing, I thought this thread was spun from my comment in the "Leaders not following the Scout Law & Oath"

"...and where he lived You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I will try harder... oops, there is no try, only do or do not

PS Sherm, I never thought of Yoda's syntax as all that unusual, it reminded my of my grandfather's speech patterns, you know

"Throw me down the stairs my hat" or "Where the street car bends the corner around"

I figured Yoda was just an immigrant and English was a second language, or 254th as the case might be

nah, but I do have it bookmarked.

Where was I

If you have discussions comparing the abilities of various fighters in Star Wars, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you convince other members of the Scouter.com forum to participate in a Star Wars Skit at a council CS event, you might be a Star Wars geek. (sorry SctDad)

If you convince cubs that there will be a lighhtsaber duel after the campfire show at the cub scout event above, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you tried to use Huttese as your foreign language in college, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you wanted to learn Huttese b/c your friend told you about his attempt to use it as a foreign language requirement, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you had a "Star Wars Idol" at your day camp's campfire show, you might be a Star Wars geek.

If you are glad that your son wanted an X-Wing fighter cake for his birthday, you might be a corrupting Star Wars geek.

If your wife made the X-Wing cake for his birthday, you might have married a Star Wars geek.

If you didn't know whether to keep the cake 'cause it was really cool, or let your son eat it, you might be a Star Wars geek. (reluctantly I let him eat it, at least it was chocolate cake ;) )

If you live the town that is the HQ for the David Prowse Fan Club, aka DARTH VADER, you might be a Star Wars geek. ( approx 3 miles from my house.)

Finally

If you think Star Trek is the greatest Sci Fi franchise in history, well you just got "delusions of grandeur"

What's wrong with having a Star Wars themed grooms cake. My wife made me a Darth Vader and R2D2 cake from the 80's cake tins and placed action figures around them. You might be a Star Wars geek if you considered naming your son Talon after an expanded universe character.