Are things really this bad?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a funny thing ain't it?

If you think cheeseburgers are nasty tasting, and prefer hot dogs for a lunch time meal...while I prefer cheeseburgers...it's just a matter of personal taste. We might brag on why our own choice is better, but there is no seriousness or arguement behind it.

But let it be a matter of Scouting and people just cannot just be happy with their own personal opinion of any particular part of the program. Nope!

They have to stand up, shout it and not just state their own feelings, but feel compelled...No , OBSESSED to convince and convert everybody into thinking exactly like they do.

It's not good enough to say: "I don't like the way this particular program/ class/ subject/ ect.. turned out."

Nah, instead people get mad, get accussatory and start insulting each other.Gotta see whi is more Scouty than the other and who is better at it.

Then come out the chest puffing and bigger balls contests: "Oh yeah? Well , I led 25,000 scouts into the desert with one cup of spit and a single slice of bacon. We stayed in the desert for 3 weeks and everybody came out 7 pounds heavier and full of scouting knowledge!"

The next guy/girl meets one jerk and takes it upon him/herself to declare that BSA is ultimately in trouble because only jerks teach "X" and even the Pope himself would turn into a jerk after taking that class.

Why people cannot accept the fact we like and see things differently is beyond me.

Your house is painted different color than mine or is brick? So what!

You drive a car while I drive a full size truck? So what!

You like country music, I like southern rock? So what!

I watch history channnel and scy-fy ( stupid name- won't argue that!)and you watch ESPN and TCM? So what!

You hate your RT's and I enjoy ours...GET OUT YOUR GUNS!...we are going to war? What the hell is up with that? :o

And Just for the record..brats are way better than cheeseburgers or hotdogs! :)

Edited because..well, you guys know I just can't spell half the time! :)(This message has been edited by scoutfish)

Just to respond to the Webelos at a Camporee issue - for some years, our district has invited 2nd year webelos to spend the day at camporee. They do not camp out with the scouts.

Last year, they did a Jamboree where scouts and cubs both camped but the campgrounds were on opposite sides of the venue.

Everyone was happy and the rules were not broken.

83, thanks for the OP and the bump.

Imho, this forum is like a campfire. You can pull up a log and have a cup of joe if you like. No issues either way. Sometimes, just like at a campfire that you join, you can have opinions and have them accepted, discussed or trashed. No issue either way. It is just sometimes people at the campfire have to be put on opposite sides of the campfire and told that they do not have to get each other a refill ( unless they are really bad ;) ). Kinda like a real campfire on an overnight. (Billy you sit there, Sam you sit there and you both get to listen.) :)

Too bad that sometimes when that needs done it does not get done and we cannot have each opponent write a 500 word paper supporting their views and then post it for review without further comment or input from them. ;)

Scouting is a personal choice, taking responses personally is also a personal choice. Throw out ideas, see what sticks and what does not. That is what makes it fun. Just about the time that I find myself start taking me and my ideas too seriously is when scouting starts to lose value and I realize that I have quit listening.

yis, where's my coffee....

red feather