Sports teams frown upon being afraid of the ball... Cub Scouts was a much better fit!

In Middle and High School, sports teams frown upon being too apathetic to run for or chase the ball... Boy Scouts was a much better fit!

Peewee Jaycee wrestling... might still have my participation trophy somewhere.

Jr. high wrestling, never won any matches and was jv.

High School 4 years of Cross Country and Track. Broke 5:00 min in the mile freshman year. Personal best mile was 4:36 junior year which took SECOND in JV district meet.

Was involved in Scouting throughout it all.

Soccer (defense & midfield) before it became popular. Swimming (breast stroke, mostly) in da winter and tennis in the spring. Skiing when there was snow. Backpackin', canoeing and such other scoutly pursuits as well. Was never into da "big 3" of my day (football/basketball/baseball), but of da three I was best at baseball (3rd base).

B

My Housemaster was a Welsh International Rugby player, also our Games-master. He volunteered me to be Hooker on the House and school team, also played soccer (Left Wing) Cross Country running. (On the House and School Teams). Played cricket on the House Team. Also tried Field Hockey, Horse riding and golf.

I enjoy table tennis and tennis. In fact won a scholarship for lessons at The Hurlingham Club. Which was really kinda neat as a lot of the professional tennis players practiced there while Wimbledon was going on. I got to meet Borg, who was about the same age as I was then.

Ea.

I did the church league cabbage ball in elementary school. In HS I lettered in JROTC Drill Team all four years, and in cheerleading SR year. Lettered in college for 2 years in Cheerleading, until they kicked everyone with an X chromosome off the squad the 3rd year. Then I was paid to be the mascot :)

Never cared much for joining a school or league team. Preferred "back yard Bolw" footbal, baseball or pick up games at the playground of gym. Played with fire depts in competitions and had a blast. Used to have a killer serve in volley ball and was pretty darn good at baseball/softball.

Now I stick to the assisting and helping out part of the game.

I hated sports. I wear glasses but becuase I was afaid of breaking my glasses I didn't wear them outside. Thus I could never see the ball coming or accurately judge the distance between me and the hurdles.

I played baseball every year from pee-wee up to high school, and loved every minute of it. I played city, county and/or church league basketball from 5th grade up through high school. Ran track in high school, 880, mile, 2-mile. Probably not considered a sport, but required the same, if not more, time - played trumpet from 6th grade thru high school, including marching band. Still had time for nearly every camping trip and meeting in the Troop (my father was CC for the Troop). Dad burned a lot of gas getting me to games and campouts on the same weekend.

1 hit in four years of little league (walked a lot as I was too short to pitch to)

1 basket in three years of BBall (tipped in by opposing team)

2nd team high school tennis (lucky beyond belief though)

Pretty good at football, but too small. Coach encouraged my parents to discourage me from playing (sort of akin to a chihuaha going up against a german shepard)

Very involved.

Baseball 5th grade thru High School ( all arm, no bat )

Football four years in High School

Basketball 5th grade thru first year of college, then on to rec leagues up until about 6 years go when I became SM.

Scouts throughout, Cubs/Webelos/Scouts thru to Eagle... and a paper route... and a very good GPA btw... ( you can imagine my reaction to little johnny's mommy saying he doesn't have time to do this or to do that )

Similar to Brent, Dad and Mom would shuttle me from weekend games to the campouts and back on occasion...

NOW... a little pickup BB, occasional golf, jogging/workouts several times a week...