I just wanted to take a moment to share with you. My son received the Vigil Honor last month and became our troop's newest Eagle Scout last night! Needless to say, mom and dad are proud of Little Beaver! He has grown into a fine young man and Scouting has played a tremendous part in that. We are blessed. Next on the agenda, making a final decision on which college to attend next year.

Congratulations to you and your son!

I have one suggestion for a Christmas present! A lifetime membership in the National Eagle Scout Association isn't very expensive. As is pretty common, I drifted away from Scouting during college. I never got around to drifting back until my son became a Cub Scout.

I never got around to joining NESA until recently. I suspect that if a magazine about Scouting had kept showing up a few times a year, I probably would have drifted back sooner.

Congratulations to your son. That is quite an honor to receive Vigil, especially when still so young. Then, to become an Eagle Scout only a month later. Fantastic!

I can certainly understand your pride in your son's accomplishments and do doubt you and your wife played a big part in guiding him along the way.