WEll, like I said in a similar ( yet different ) post, because the DE is an awesome salesman!

He went to my son's school and when he was done....my son was all drool and googly eyed about scouting!

I've always been proud of the fact that my son loves the outdoors, loves riding a bike, throwing a ball, bon fires, exploring, etc...

He plays video games when he doesn't have anything else to do. But he started sliding towards playing video games more and more.

Scouting prett much reeled in his interest in those games. He's all about hiking, fishing, playing outside, camping, cooking over fires, you know.....outdoorsy stuff.

How can you go wrong with that?

In elementary school, I was always jealous of the boys wearing their Cub Scout uniforms and having their den meetings after school in the cafeteria. So once I hit middle school, I made Mom and Dad sign me up for Boy Scouts at the church we attended. Even though I only spent about a year and a half in the troop and only made it to 2nd class, I felt a connection to the program like nothing else.

Fast forward to Scoutson's Kindergarten year. I saw the signs outside his school for JSN, we went up that night to sign up only to be told that he can't start until his 1st grade year. So we waited a year and went back up and got signed up as a Tiger Partner and Tiger Cub. The CM called me a couple of days later and noticed I had Scouting experience as a youth and asked if I would be the Tiger DL. I talked to my son about it, and he thought it would be cool to have Dad as the leader, so our adventure began.

I went to JSN with the intent of getting my son into Scouting to give him something to do, other than sports(which he wasn't real interested in) and to be able to have some "Dad and Son" time.It turns out that Scoutson really enjoys Scouting and loves camping with his Patrol and Troop. He also really enjoys helping out with Eagle projects and working with the Cubs at Day Camp.

Wolfson was a different story. Since Dad was entrenched with the Pack, it was a foregone conclusion that he would go into Cub Scouts as a Tiger. He didn't have the same enthusiasm as his older brother. But he's really starting to enjoy the program more now. (Tigers was boring for him because he had done all those things before, not only with tagging along with brother, but other programs he was involved with.) He has really taken to the program with his den.

It has been great to be able spend quality time with my boys in Scouting, but I've also made some friends of my own, and been able to work on my own "advancement" as well. Going from a Tiger DL through Webelos DL, earning my beads from WoodBadge, and now as an ASM, and a ACM with the Troop and Pack. What an overall rewarding experience for my Sons and I.

• 3 weeks later...

We put our oldest son in as a Wolf when we moved to the suburbs. He stayed in for one year of BS, made tenderfoot and dropped out because the older boys in that troop were really mean. He later joined another troop (ironically, the one I just pulled my youngest boys out of) where he had fun and aged out as a First Class scout. At 20, he is now an active member of the VC his dad is the CA and I am the CC of and plans to become an adult leader when he turns 21 next year.

Second boy began as a Tiger (I was the TL for him and my youngest boys), barely made it through cubs but became totally engaged when he hit BS age. He made OA and attended NOAC at age 11, he is now a Life Scout and a Brotherhood OA member. Sadly, he resigned from his troop (LONG story on another post) but is now the president of our VC and still plans to work for Eagle. The other boys looked up to him rather than the SPL (CC's son) and that annoyed them.

Next boy also joined as a Tiger. He liked cubs more than 2d boy but is in BS more for socializing than for advancement. He is 14 and just made FC. He is co-president of our crew amd I just pulled him out of the troop.

Youngest boy is 11 and just bridged last March. He made Tenderfoot and was a BOR away from Second Class when I pulled him out of the troop. We are shopping for a new troop home for him. He loves scouting and camping, etc.

The middle boys work at our district summer camp.

I asked him if he wanted to and he said yes. We went to school orientation and met with the three representatives of the packs there. We went to the first pack and stayed.

I was a cub scout and briefly a boy scout. My parents were my Den Leaders. Now I am my son's Den Leader. My wife is the Tiger Den Leader.

My son is still a Tiger, but I started playing it up when he was about 3. When he saw people doing something interesting, I mentioned that he'll be able to do that when he's in Boy Scouts. Yes, his father is very sneaky. :)

He actually got started while in Kindergarten. Our council has a pilot program called "Lions" for Kindergarten-age kids. The pack we were in was always scrambling to figure out what to have them do at their den meetings, but he really loved being able to participate in many Pack activities.

My son came home from school one day and said he wanted to join Cub Scouts. I asked why? He said because Josh is! Josh was his best friend and they did everything together. Both boys joined, and stuck with it even though both boys moved. Josh earned First Class before he got too busy with FFA and other things. Justin stuck with it and earned his Eagle in 2008.

Our whole family is heavily involved in Scouting. If for some reason we stopped, I wouldn't know what to do!

My 8 year old daughter is in Girl Scouts, but she tells everyone she wants to be a Boy Scout. She has grown up in the program.

My son is now giving back to Scouting in any way he can. He is helping with trainings, summer camps (I am the Camp Director), and will do most anything asked of him. I am proud of my son!

ccjj