Ok, I've been participating in the forum for a week or two, so I thought I'd swing by here and offer an introduction.

My involvement with Scouting began in 2001, when my boys first joined Cub Scouts. My older boy is now a Star Scout, and my younger one has been stuck at 1st class for a year because he has a report to write for Citizenship in the Community which is too booooring to do, apparently, as are most of the other Eagle-required MB's. *sigh* He's literally one MB requirement away from earning Star. Unless, of course, he's misplaced his blue card, in which case he'll have to start over. Won't that be fun?

Ok, enough griping about the Lazy One. ;-)

Anyway... I have been fairly active off and on in our Troop since we formed it when my younger son's Webelos den crossed over. I started out as a Committee Member, took some time out to work on my degree (I graduate in December!!), and now I'm counseling my first Merit Badge. I'm taking a group of interested boys through the Railroading requirements, and helping them with extra fundraising so we can go on an Amtrak trip. Whee!!

So, that's me in a nutshell. It's good to be here!

-Liz

"you should view it as his choice"

Oh, I do... believe me. If I didn't, he'd have had it done a year ago! I can't help but feel frustrated, but I limit myself to reminding him once in a while.

("I know, Mom... I'll do it. Just not NOW.")

Thanks for the welcome!

-Liz