Jokes about husbands

Jokes about priests/nuns and all clergy

Jokes about drunken sailors

Jokes on fat men, women, kids

Jokes about nerds

Jokes about people from Iowa,

Jokes about rednecks

Any kid joke

I'm not offended by the joke, but consider the message that you send to others when you tell it. You might be in contact with a young person who has been abused and is desperate for a trustworthy adult. By demonstrating insensitivity you close a door for that person. It doesn't matter whether you are actually insensitive or not, by making fun of his or her problem, you have become too risky to be trusted.

Ok. So I the joke was funny...however...

...having been personally in the malestrom that surrounds false allegations of child abuse, I can tell you that there is nothing ever humorous about any aspect of it.

Those of you that thought some were too serious about the negative position they took have no idea what all the allegation of child abuse entails.

I submit that it is that very attitude that resulted in "Oregon" and YPT. Those two messages may not have been enough for some of you.

Finally, my preferred Dallas Cowboy joke...

Q: Do you know by Barry Switzer had such a had time winning as the Dallas Cowboys coach?

A: He wasn't used to having a Salary Cap.

Q: What do you call a drug ring in Dallas?

A: The huddle.(This message has been edited by Engineer61)

I believe that there is a time and a place for most things.

A lot of jokes are made at the expense of others.

In England they tell Irish jokes.

In the area where I live they tell Polish jokes.

My Republican friends tell jokes about the Democrats and so it goes on.

While each of us makes up our own mind as to what is acceptable and what isn't. I do at times get a little miffed at things I see as taking correctness to what I perceive as too high a level.

For example I was informed the other week while at an instructor course for work that Flip Charts are no longer to be called Flip Charts as the word Flip can be seen as a put down. - I do think we can take all of this sort of thing a little too far.

Re: this joke.

I could maybe see a late night TV show using this joke and chances are that no one is going to get that upset.

But being as it was posted here under the heading it was placed under? I think it was a little less than appropriate.

Ea.