Returning to Maine Scouting

There are so many more readily accessible resources now than when I was last a Scouter. I spent my Cub and Boy Scout years in Newark, Delaware and Rodney Scout Reservation. In 1987 I rejoined Scouting as a Assistant Scoutmaster and then Scoutmaster of a BSA Troop in Rota, Spain. I've since served as a Assistant and Scoutmaster in several more troops; as a unit commissioner, chartered organization representative and always as a merit badge counselor. This forum is a great source of info for both the young, old, new or experienced scouter. I'm really looking forward to reviewing all of the different topics here and maybe even start some new conversations. Someone on one of the other welcome messages said welcome to the virtual campfire. What a concept. Also welcome to the virtual cracker barrel! I'm sure I'll be spending some time here getting to know many of you. I'm so glad to be back in Scouting.

Downeast Maine Bugler,

Tim

One Mainah to anothah, welcome.

I serve as the Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner for Kennebec Valley District (Kennebec, Somerset, and Franklin Counties), Pine Tree Council. We also have "Secret DE" on this board, who is the DE down in Casco Bay District (Portland area) and an leader from over in Hancock County/District, Katahadin Area Council.

As others have asked, how far Downeast are you? Far enough to be at the Moosehorn Camporee outside of Calais this weekend, or just the Penquis District (Piscataquis County) Camporeee this same weekend, or perhaps I'll see you at our district camporee up on the Quebec Border in Jackman next weekend. :)