Individual Scout Accounts

I searched "The Scouter Forums" for the topic "Individual Scout Accounts", back to 1997.

The response was "Sorry, we couldn't find any messages that matched your search".

For a BSA talklist that is 13 years old it is amazing that this topic has not ever come up or am I going about finding it the wrong way?

Oh it has been discussed. I have not found the Search tool on scouter.com helpful though you will get a listing for searching "Scout bucks".

I use Advanced Search on Google for domain scouter.com to search this forum, though that has occasional problems too.

Google: "Individual Scout accounts" site:scouter.com

Welcome troop1910.

My $0.02

All kinds of past threads on scout accounts. Just go to the Unit Fundraising forum and set things for view all instead of view past 90 days and you'll see a bunch. Or search that forum for a title that contains 'account'.

Of course, there's nothing that says we can't have one more, eh? Why not post your question and let folks respond?

Beavah

Scoutfish is correct, I just did a search on individual accounts, leaving out "Scout", and got a number of hits, including at least one entire thread on the subject. As others have said, if you have a question, ask away... but based on the past discussions, Be Prepared for some conflicting answers. :)

I am so in favor of them, that I suggested that we set them up with popcorn sales next year instead of offering 2 outrageous prizes ( Wii and super nerf Blaster). Yes we have a few gung ho sellers, but overall the cubs and parents are not interested. BUT I bet that if you told parents sell x amount of popcorn you get y% towards dues, activities, etc, folks will be more willing.

I know growing up, if it wasn't for the ISA, I would not have been able to afford being in scouting once my father walked out.