ok guys I am new to the scoutmaster duties and wanting to do a good job. I am a information junkie and like to be organized as much as possible. So I started looking into troop tracking software. Looking for suggestions about which is good and offers the best features. Also would like it to be free if possible.

Thanks in advance for the advice

I'm thinking our troop might be using TroopMaster software. I'm not certain because my ASM's handle the "paperwork" for the troop. I'm thinking he okay with it because I don't ever hear him complain about it. I have no idea if and how much the software might cost, but anything of any value probably has a price tag on it.

On the other hand, I am a computer programmer by training and would simply write my own program if I was in that position.

Stosh

This forum offers a link to some Scouting related software at: http://www.scouter.com/compass/Leaders_Resource/Software/Unit_Management/ or http://xrl.in/6izx (easier to copy and paste!)

Our troop uses Troopmaster and we find it to be a very manageable tool. There are three licenses available from $45 for one year to $70 for three years. This license allows for unlimited users and PCs. They also offer an additional service that allows data transfer over the web for a fee. However, we have found that you can use other web services like Google Docs to do that for free once you get everyone set up.

You are not going to find anything for free that offers decent features. Or if there are any, I have not seen them.

The biggest plus with Troopmaster is that it is Scoutnet compatible.

Personally, I like the web based applications were you have access anywhere you have access to the internet, and you don't have to pass a CD around and download stuff on your computer.

Our troop uses Troopmaster and we find it to be a very manageable tool. There are three licenses available from $45 for one cheap true religion jeans year to $70 for three years. true religion jeans sale This license allows for unlimited users and PCs. They also offer an additional service that allows data true religion jeans transfer over the web for a fee. However, we have found that you can use other web services like Google Docs to do that for free once you get everyone set up.

Our troop uses Troopmaster and we find it to be a very manageable tool. There are three licenses available from $45 for one http://www.cheap-jeans.org year to $70 for three years. This license allows for unlimited users and PCs. They also offer an additional service that allows data transfer over the web for a fee. However, we have found that you can use other web services like Google Docs to do that for free once you get everyone set up.

We pay for Troopmaster and also website space...a few months ago, someone posted a link to a guy that seems to be linking the two together. A Troopmaster-like database application along with online space and access, for about the price of Troopmaster alone, as I recall. I remember thinking that if we weren't already tied into both we'd probably consider it as an alternative.

"Ummm... Troop24, you said that there are three licenses available, then only posted two. "

I was showing there was a sliding scale available that is why I left out the middle price but it is $59.95 for a two year license. The link I provided would have given you the same information, unlike the link xiaoxian provided for the cheap jeans!