New 2011 Performance Recognition Program

I'm sorry if I"m stating the obvious, but I'm sure you realize that you don't need to achieve Gold in every standard to rate overall Gold. If you make Gold in most areas and Silver or Bronze on others, you'll make overall Gold.

Oh sure, I just think there should be appropriate Silver and Gold levels for us to aspire to. Since Bronze is "at least 19 boys or one more than last year" maybe Silver could be "at least 29 boys or 5% more than last year" and Gold "39 or 10%".

Or, maybe Gold could be "helped establish a new Pack in the community." We're not looking to split, though the incoming kindergarten class at the local elementary is HUGE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Journey to Excellence program documents are now on-line.

Scouting's Journey to Excellence is the quality and performance assessment and recognition program that replaces the Centennial Quality Awards program.

The URL is:

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Awards/JourneyToExcellence.aspx

Or go to www.scouting.org >> Volunteers>> Scouting's Journey to Excellence

Any questions can be sent to JtE@scouting.org

The program goes into effect for districts and councils on January 1. For units, it goes into effect at their reregistration.

"The pack participates in at least two service projects during the year and enters them on the Journey to Excellence website. The projects may be completed as joint projects with other organizations. At least one project must benefit the chartered organization."

ok so what if the pack is chartered to the parents of the pack? what service project would count and benefit that type of COR?

"ok so what if the pack is chartered to the parents of the pack? what service project would count and benefit that type of COR?"

Where does the pack meet? Do a service project for whoever owns that property.

OR

Call it environmental cleanup and do maintenance on the CM's yard. :D

Eagle 92

the form says under definitions

"Total Cub Scout rank advancements (Bobcat, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Arrow of Light) earned since your 2010 charter renewal date (A), divided by total Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts at the current charter renewal date (B). Total = A / B."

so looks like Tiger would count

5 year,

Could you give me a link to that please? Because I looked at the pack, district and council requirements and cannot find where TC is included. The closest I could find is Have an increase in total rank advancements (Bobcat to Arrow of Light, on the district and council forms. Becasue TC still doesn't show up as advancement on SCOUTNET, I think someone may have overlooked it.

BUT according to the StE glossary found here:

http://scouting.org/filestore/mission/JTE_Glossary.pdf

Cub Scout advancements (sic)

Bobcat, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, and Arrow of Light ranks.

So according to the document above, TC doesn't count.

Hopefully national will correct this, as well as SCOUTNET.

WOW I got two responses from National on this within 12 hours! First response was that TC was included, but when I stated that the JtE glossary and SCOUTNET do not list TC as rank, they are looking into it!

To quote my favorite Lord of the Rings character( and that's b/c sis-in-law made the costume for me :) ), "There's always hope...a fool's hope." ;)

I understand that a Scouting's Journey to Excellence scoresheet for Teams has been written and is in the process of being approved and published.

I believe that the problem is that this program has substantially been done by volunteers and the group working on the Team requirements was a bit slower than the other groups.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my ASMs is a District Roundtable Commissioner. He was telling me at the camp-out this weekend that the SE was at the last district committee meeting and told those attending that there had been complaints that this was going to be too difficult. So, the council would be implementing a different program.

Only one group out here has that kind of pull. But they certainly could not be the group that complained. I have in on the best authority that their program is just the same as everyone else.