Norton Showing Site As UNSAFE

I don't see ANY ads at all. I have Windows IE-8 and I use F-Secure security. No notices, warnings or nothing. Trust me, F-Secure will give warnings on it's own stuff sometimes. Very strict.

I do see "commercial Links" if I scroll to the very bottom of the page, but you have to click on them.

So those links that Ed lists appear to be some sort of actual sex site (with a safe cover page) that are actually hosted within the scouter.com domain. (at host.scouter.com)

Those sites don't appear to be directly linked from the forum - at least, I don't see any obvious reference to them. So it seems like the forum is still safe from what I can see, but it seems odd that there is that other web site under this domain.

• Administrators

The warning is because one of the thousands or free web hosting accounts that we provide on this site for Scout units got hijacked and a phishing scam was upload to that area. It was completely non-threatening to any site visitor, unless that went to that URL (http://host.scouter.com/ny/torr/____, which has now been deleted). Unfortunatley, many times a unit abandons the free site, or someone creates one under false pretences. It's difficult to police... but anything that is loaded into those sites is of no real consequence to visitors to the forum, and Norton was warning you that just some part of the site may have had a problem. It's a harmless warning.

The offending material was deleted... it had nothing at all to do with ads.

Indeed, thank you Terry.

Yes, Norton was specific. The "danger" sites were listed. I took the specified site URLs and PMed them to Terry for consideration, knocking the dot for safety. The next day, this thread came up. 'Nuff said.