Can you define Sports?? And Pack // Troop // crew??

I am closer to a Troop..

Like Sports as in climbing, Biking, Swimming, Hiking etc.. Alot of our program is in preparing for these type of outtings, then doing these outings.

If you mean Sports as in basket ball, football, soccer etc.. About 5 years back our venture patrol got permission to use a gym and went to play basket ball one evening.. That is the only time that comes to my mind.

At the cub level we include sports. In fact some achievements for rank require some sports, such as ach. 1, Feats of Skill, for the Wolf rank. Our den meetings usually consists of a craft/activity/discussion for the first half and a game for the second half. When weather permits we try to incorporate outdoor games. For example, a couple weeks ago we played flag football (which also counted toward an elective point). The belt loop program at the cub level also includes lots of sports. At the beginning of each program year we ask the boys what they enjoy, including sports. Then we incorporate the things they already know and enjoy with things they haven't been exposed to yet.

There are alot of sporting activities in our troop. There is a basketball court at the church where we meet. There is a parking lot for touch foot ball and kick ball. Each week a patrol is in charge of a game and they can do whatever they want and lot of times they pick basketball, football, kickball, capture the flag.

On our overnights there is a lot of sprots played as well. On our canoe trip the camp site we stay in has a covered basketball court and we play a lot of ball after the float. We have had adults vs boys soccer games in fields at a very nice state park. We have also played football on overnights.

Our main thing is Frisbee and we play alot of Frisbee golf. Just need a frisbee and some trees. Works great on the woods.

The boys enjoy all the campning, hiking and cooking stuff but they also have a big interest in sports so I believe it is important that they include it in their activites.

Now saying this I also know that every body either isn't interested in sports or are not very good. There are plenty of activities to do around camp or meetings if they are not interested in the game being played. I have watched the boys play and they always seem to be so nice and understanding of the boy who may be lacking skills.

Playing sports during a meeting or campout can be a very beneficial activity.

nothing much during troop meetings; might get the precious uniforms dirty & torn. For our campouts, we always try to mark off a mile, 3k, 5k for those who want an early or late run -- they may be working on fitness, athletic or sports mb.

In camp we play soccer, ultimate frisbee, wide games. Of course there is swimming, canoeing, rowing,etc

We meet in a school gymnasium, so an hour of our meeting is devoted to Scouting activities, and the last half hour or so is an organized game (soccer, basketball, indoor softball, etc.). On campouts we occasionally will have a football or baseball game. Sports can be another way to encourage patrol unity and cohesiveness.