Back in the 80's I had 2 scout age boys in Fairbanks, AK we lived on Ft. Wainwright and I had a ball being a leader etc. Even went to national camping school as became the program director of Cub day camp.

Now I am back and ready to jump in with my grandson who will be a tiger cub this year.

Question- There are a lot more knots for your uniforum then they use to have and I did a lot of it years ago. Can I get a knot for lets say being a tiger Cub leader in 1982 now? I do have a copy of my records/ Transfer papers

I do not know if you can get awards based on past experience, like 1982 was the first year Tigers was a national program and the same year I was a Tiger (ok I just told you my age - ooopppss :p) the program has changed a lot since then. Do to all the changes in the Tiger program I would suggest you start over and earn the knot now...

Just my wacly 2 cents....

Scott Robertson

http://insanescouter.org

Helping leaders one resource at a time....

Hello Donna,

You can in my council. I'd probably ask you to consider taking the most current training since things have changed, but I'd certainly see that you got credit for your tenure and performance.

We're a bit of a long drive from Alaska, though.

Welcome back. We're glad to have you and hope you have a wonderful time.

In our Council, Training Awards are retro to 5 years only. You have to take the current BASIC training (Essentials, Leader-Specific, and YPT). Don't forget about Roundtables (or Pow-Wows). They have to be completed during the same time-frame as your tenure.

I would think it would be a package deal; do ALL the requirements within a single time-frame. Just my 2-cents worth!

Thank's for the in-put. I am really not sure how I fell about it thats why I asked. But I do know I had a lot of fun doing it and don't mine starting again. Things have change a little but one thing is the same All Cubs want to have Fun and if you know how to make what you do Fun you are 50% trained. The other 50% is knowing how to make what you do safe.

By the way I now live in IL. I lived in Alaska then as my husband was in the Army.