Vandalism - Tagging the Scout Trailer

Any suggestions on removing the black spray paint?

As soon as it's cool enough to try it I'm planning on trying "Goof Off" and a clean Cotton cloth.

The only thing I know for sure is the longer it's on the more likely it is to reoccur.

Has anyone ever had their artistic Scouts "tag" their trailers on purpose? I mean doing a fancy "BSA" or "Troop 193" or outdoors scenes on the side, instead of the standard flat white.

Would definitely be a way to make it stand out.

I'm not sure if it will work but I was able to get spray paint (dried) out of carpet and off of leather work boots by using Shaklee Basic H cleaning product. It is not available in stores, only by a Shaklee representative, but you could probably google it and find a rep in your area. Another idea is the magic eraser that you can find at the grocery store, never tried it on spray paint but it got, sharpie off of a hard wood floor among other things.

HTH,

~Pixie

Like EagleDad said: oven cleaner.

In our motorcycle club we use it to remove past owners art work when buying a used bike (Goldwing). Also good for removing names when keep the bike but changing the passenger (grin).

Test first.

Laquer Thinner will remove anything.

BUT BE CAREFULL! It will also take of the original paint if rubbed too hard or used to much at a time. Doesn't matter if it's a 30 year old triple bakes sealed in 30 coats of clear....too much laqeur wil take the paint and primer off to the metal if you aren't careful!

But, it done carefully and slowly, it works like a charm!

Also great for taking off the adheasive left behind by old pin-stripes, decals, bumper stickers, etc....

Thanks for the input and keep it coming, by cool enough I meant it's been 100 plus degrees in our usually 85-90 degree high area and of course - no shade in the parking lot... Used the Goof-Off last night - not the best solution for the whole job - definitely taking off more than I want to go away over the painted areas, but it did wonders on getting it off of the lettering!