Just curious...anyone from Montana?

May be moving from GA to Montana in the near future and was just wondering if anyone on this forum was from there. Was curious if Troops are that much different on that side of the country :)!

Was hoping to find someone in the Missoula area who could give me rundown on the best troops. I have noticed alot of Troops to be LDS which will not work for me...my husband and I are both involved in Scouting and would like for it to remain that way and it is my understanding LDS does not allow women Scouters? Is this correct?

I'm not in Montana but I know that there is only one Council in the whole state.

As far as women scouters in LDS units. I know lots of women scouters in LDS units and many who serve at district level as well. LDS units require that men serve in the SM positions and women don't participate in camp-outs. But women serve quite well in committee postions.

However, I'm sure you will find many non-LDS scouting units as well.

Good luck with your move, and if your an OA member maybe we will meet at a SOAC or something.(This message has been edited by Gary_Miller)

I think that all depends on the Stake.

I recently did an Eagle Board of Review for one of our LDS Troops here in Central Florida, and the Troop Advancement Chair was a women (which means she was part of the Troop Committee).