Back into Scouting again.....

We became interested in Scouting when my husband applied to work at Summer Camp as the archery director some 10 years ago. We had never been involved before but soon our son was in a troop and after some intense training husband was a Scoutmaster and I was a Committe member. He graduated to being the Shooting Sports director and eventually stepped up to be Program Director at camp. Son and I were also working at camp and this lasted until son turned 18. He is now proudly serving in the US Air Force and told us that being in Scouts helped him greatly during his survival training. We took a five year break from scouting to concentrate on our daughter's many high school musicals but soon we were back. Husband went to work at camp again but last year had to step up and be the acting camp director when the director quit. That eventually led to him being offered the job of District Executive and with that job he also got the camp. Last year we were back with youngest son in tow and we just got back from our second year there. Younger son has also joined a troop and is one his way to Eagle.

Our camp staff is a 'real' Venturing Crew that has meetings and outings during the off-season and I'm one of their Advisors. It so different from working with a troop but its a lot of fun. I'm so glad we decided to go 'back'. I'm looking forward to participating in Wood Badge in a few weeks.

I'm also looking forward to meeting and learning from everyone here.

Oh...we are in Virginia in the Shenandoah Valley.