Packsaddle packing his bags?

Yah, didn't want this announcement (what a horrible way to die) to get lost in Yet Another Merlyn Thread:

Heck, this is as good a place as any. Looks like my scouting days are about over. I just got offered a job I can't refuse. Wow, I can hardly believe my luck! Anyway, I'll be spending a lot of time in beautiful exotic places and living among many beautiful exotic people...and not killing them. But that pretty much puts the end to my time available for the troop so I guess I'll reduce the BSA membership by one as of next registration.

(In case anyone is wondering, it has nothing whatsoever to do with any BSA policy )

This has been in the works for a while now and I was afraid that it really WAS too good to be true. But it happened today. If any of you guys ever make it to the nature island of the Caribbean, drop me a line. I'll stay registered here just in case...and I'll probably lurk for a while as well....kind of like that Dave Steele guy who thinks everyone forgot about him while he watches these threads... but I didn't forget. Hear that, Dave?

Ya'll play nice now. Wooohooo!

(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Oh no! Don't go, Packsaddle! How could you give up this forum for a dream job in an island paradise? Er... well... um... I guess I answered my own question.

Seriously, congratulations and best of luck with everything. You will be missed around here. You are one of the true gentlemen of the forum and your perspective is always a valuable (and sometimes a calming) one. And that has nothing to do with the fact that, on the most controversial issues around here, you and I agree about 99 percent of the time. :)(This message has been edited by njcubscouter)

Pack,

Godspeed, fair winds, and following seas. Know your input here is valuable and appreciated, whenever you find chances to post. As you find time, serve Scouting by servi g the local youth.

Packsaddle - Just in case you have not looked. Try n2zgu.50megs.com/DOMI.htm

May you have a great life in the islands and I hope they live up to all that you want.

Let us hear about what it is like.

Yours in Scouting