Vetran Unit - Qualification question ?? Brief interuption..

Our unit was going for 20+ years, then did not exist for two years... then was revived under the same charter, with the same number... and has been back for 12 years.

So is our unit only 12 years old and thus not a Veteran Unit ?

Is it absolutely required to have been in uninterupted existence ?

2Cub is correct there is a brief period of time where the will credit you, I believe it's 3 months. After that, you must either A) pay for the missing months, or B) start over. One troop I started didn't have the date I presented the charter to them b/c they were about 5 months late rechartering. Luckily it happened their first year.

On a related note - if you have a unit that ceased to exist, but then started up again years later, will they generally let you use the old unit numbers or give you new ones.

Specially, there's a church I know that had a Troop years back. At the time it was quite old for our area and had two digit troop number (15, 17, or something like that). Somewhere along the way, the Troop folded. I'm not sure when, but my guess is more than ten years ago.

There's been one or two loose discussions about starting the Troop back up.

If it started back up, I wondered if they'd let them use the historical Troop number, or make them get a new 3 digit number.

Depends upon #1 if the number is in use already and #2 the council you are in. It appears, stress appears, that in my council, numbers are assigned by location, and that older numbers are held for specific counties and/or areas of the counties. For example, one unit in a town that hasn't had a pack in it for about 12 years was given the town's historic number.