Greetings from Philadelphia

I stumbled across this site and found some valuable information on it so I decided why not join and try to contribute?

I'm a young assistant scoutmaster from the great city of Philadelphia (Cradle of Liberty Council). Scouting has been such a big part of my life growing up and I've recently (in the past 2 years) have been doing everything I can to make it an even bigger part of my adult life.

Look forward to talking with everyone!

• 1 month later...

welcome...

I just wanted to say that we took our Cubs to your Camp Garrison a few weeks back and it was the best camping trip we've had in 4 years! Thanks to your council for setting up such an awesome place to go!!!!!

Welcome to the Forum.

I was of course saddened to hear about the shootings of two police officers last month in Philadelphia.

Working for the Department of Corrections, it seems to me that I see a disproportional number of inmates from the Philadelphia area. Many of them young men who are sentenced for crimes that are drug related.

While of course the problem is deep rooted and it might be naive to think that any youth program would solve the problems.

My hope is that we as an organization do step up to the plate and do everything we can for the youth in the area.