How to say thank you...

Recently our unit had a Rocket Launch outing where the scouts got together to show off their Estes model rockets. My son and I have never used these rockets, we didn't have one to bring to the event. But we were very curious so we decided to go and just watch.

It didn't take long before he was fascinated with these little tubes shooting into the air. It was great, and he of course felt sad that he didn't have one to shoot himself.

One of the dads saw how excited he was and when he found out that we didn't have a rocket to launch he instantly offered to share his son's rocket with us. Which really made the day perfect for my son.

So now I want to thank this dad and his son. Any good suggestions for a "Scouty Thank You"?

Yah, sometimes it's just enough to say, in person or in a note, "hey, thanks. That was really great, and made the perfect day for my son." Between dads, eh?

If yeh want to teach your son a good lesson, have him write a thank you note to the other boy. Same short-and-sweet kind of thing. We don't teach kids to write enough thank-yous these days.

Of course da best way to honor their kindness is to pay it forward.

B

(This message has been edited by Beavah)