Fiscal year and recharter

Basement,

Wondering when you would show up.

Hey, I bear no ill will or harbor any bad feelings.

Just pointing out that I might ask a simple question because I am wondering, and you always say I should calm down or I'm overanalyzing.

It was just a case of wondering about recharter,. I'm not stressed, freaking out, going nuts or bothered by it...just wondering.

I'm trying to learn the why and what ifs,and what not to do's, not just what I do with the boys as a leader..but the whole program.

I get what you say about being trained, but I'll bet $10 that nowhere in any rank specific Cub Scout leader training classes, books or programs does it say why recharter and CUB scout year are not within a month of each other much less seperated by about 6 months.

Seems like you were having a bad day...that's cool, we all do sometimes. But busting me as an "instant expert" was out of line and un called for. I never felt that way or claimed it...especially since I was ASKING a question ( meaning I wanted to learn something) and not stating my QUESTION as fact to another member.

So anyways, no hard feelings, but cut me some slack! I'm trying to learn stuff so I know how to deal with it as it arises....and you are busting on me for trying to learn.

I'm a newish to scouting and first year in a leadership position trying to make sure I do a good job and do it correctly. I'm asking for advice and your sentiments appear to be I need to learn.

Well, I'm trying to learn, but keep getting stopped by people who tell me I a need to calm down and stop over analyzing.

It just doesn't make sense!

That just doesn't make sense at all!

In my opinion you are over analyzing everything.

Why not focus on being a fantastic Super doper den leader first??? Just a thought. The way I measure my success is if around the campfire as some point in the future the boys talk about what he have done.

In our area they hand out the recharter info in November, I would ask the CM or whom ever does it for your Pack to watch.

To be real honest, I don't care about what the council, district or national does. Just tell me the deadlines and what I need to do to meet them. Very time I hear from District it usually means more work.

look at it this way:

I'm the kind of person who..if I was flying across country, will call the airport a week or two ahead of time to find out about security rquirements, tiemto show up, if there are restrictions on my personal belongings or what not instead of waiting til boarding time to find out about security procedures,that I should have ben there 3 hours earlier, or wether or not I can carry the baggage that I have in my hand.

That is good stuff to know, and part of my responcibility as a passenger.

But once I get on the plane and we take off, I might ask - out of curiosity - how much fuel the plane holds, how long somebody has worked at their job, how many meals they serve per year,how many vacation days do they get or if they have started hating the public in general over time.

No, It's not vital info, but just my curiosity kicking in. I'm not freaking out, not analyzing anything or concerned that the air crew hasn't done their job.

Nope, just curious!

Same as recharter, been through it twice and was wondering why it isn't closer to the June 1st CUB scout year. No, it won't affect me as a leader, won't make kids drop out or cause it to rain. I'm not dying to know.....just curious!

Like BrentAllens Pack, we collect dues in September (and chase a few folks for several months thereafter) which include covering the recharter fee and Boys Life. As new boys are added their parents pay the dues (which include the fees), we submit the application with the registration payment to Council, and the boy gets his membership card.

As for changing positions, we just do it through the recharter process. When I went from Assistant Cubmaster to Cubmaster I just changed my position on the Charter at recharter time no problem. The CO, Committee, Den Leaders, parents, and scouts knew I was the Cubmaster, which was really the important thing.

While your post raises an interesting point, personally I dont think its that big a deal in the scheme of things as long as your pack is fiscally prepared for it.

YIS

Mike

EXACTLY!!!That was my whole point. I just happened to think about it and wondered why.

And as far as position change, well. we change that at recharter too....even though it is about 6 months behind! LOL!

But no.. there isn't a problem in the pack or any arguing or other issues from it, just my own observation and then just me wondering about it. That's all.(This message has been edited by scoutfish)