AWESOME!

While covering CPR during our BALOO class, I , being a former EMT ( Emergency Medical Technition ) for the state of NC - mentioned something that made alot of the other students feel better.

Alot were scared they might do something wrong. I toild them under the best of circumstances, people's chanced were limited.

Doing CPR WRONG on a person who wasn't breathing and heart stopped was still better than doing nothing!

Anw when done correctly, victem's ribs WILL still break .

So at least try!

But awesome job!

• 4 weeks later...

This is great!

Our troop has had the Red Cross come out and do a certification course for CPR, First Aid, AED, Child CPR, and Infant CPR. It was a great experience. We had some parents and siblings join us, too.

The first time I took a CPR class, we were told that if we were doing CPR, the victim was already dead... we shouldn't ever feel bad about hurting them or "failing to save" them -- but rather feel great if we were able to bring them back to life.

I remember learning CPR in scouts and then having it re-enforced many times over as an adult in the military.

You never know when you may need it. Thankfully, I haven't, BUT I have used the first aid training many times.