Awright! Back in Scouter! I was in withdrawal without my Scouter fix until just now!

From friday night til now, everytime I clicked "Scouter", I got the above message.

Moderators: what news?

Beavah: I pm'ed twice, but no reply. Didst receive?

Doing a net search for "504 Gateway timeout" came up that this is a software error in the network routing information.

One suggestion on is to clear your browsing cache(and history).

In Internet Explorer look under Tools - Internet options.

I did this this morning when I got the time out error and I was able to open Scouter.com

I suppose clearing out the browsing cache could work, though as a rule when Scouter has been down on my home computer, it's also been down on other computers that I've accessed.

Maybe me and BadenP could do a live debate, sell tickets; 5% ticket sales to BadenP, 5% to me, and the remaining 90% for the maintainence of the Scouter forums! :)

Errors that start with a 5 are server configuration issues. Clearing browser cache won't do anything to fix that. This error means that there is an issue either with the server hosting scouter.com or another server that acts as this server's path to the internet. A time-out error of this sort means the server is running, but that a program running on it may have caused the computer to hang.

Troop489- You need to first find out who hosts your website. You can do that by entering the address in the WHOIS lookup at this site. Once you have that, you will know who to contact. The problem is the accout may be in the name of the departed webmaster, and they may not be willing to give you the password without his consent. Not sure what to do in that case.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Edited to fix link(This message has been edited by the blancmange)(This message has been edited by the blancmange)

The site is hosted by Scouter.com. The old webmaster has forgotten his admin account info.

What I think I need is for scouter.com to set up access. I have sent in request(s) to the scouter.com 'contact us' with no response. Is this typical?