Eagle Scout List for 100th anniversary

Has anyone else on the board been contacted by NESA to participate in the preparation of "Eagle Scout Stories: Tales from the trails of Scouting's Highest Rank"?

I received several postcards requesting that I call in to verify my information to be included in this publication, coinciding with the 100th anniversary of BSA. I finally called and went through the info with a very polite gentlemen, who then tried to sell me a copy of the hardcover version for $100! He seemed aghast that I wouldn't and then tried to sell me the softcover for $80.

Is this just another thinly vailed fundraiser for National and/or NESA? I wouldn't have a problem pitching in a few bucks to cover the printing costs, but this realy turned me off.

What do you think?

I've gotten several postcards and ignored all of them. They haven't called me yet, but I figure they will. There was something last year along similar lines and if you called them you got the spiel about buying this expensive book.

I agree, this is a legit fundraiser, but I have neither the time nor the interest in this. I also felt that promoting the new Lifetime NESA member Eagle knot was another means of fundraising. I admire what NESA does, but I cannor afford to support every organization or Scouting project simply doing good work.

Just my 2.

Harris Connect is the operation, and they do this for multiple organizations. I bought the one for my alma mater back when having a physical directory made good sense (before everything was put online).

I have not bothered. NESA knows my name, home address, year I earned my Eagle - what else is needed?